Monday, February 23, 2009
not-for-everyone
I read an article in the February 2009 issue of Fast Company written by Nancy Lublin called "No Vacancy". I completely agree that not-for-profit is not a second rate employment opportunity. As the economy worsens on an almost daily basis people are scrounging to locate jobs that they once would have never considered. Just because not-for-profits professionals make less of a salary than most top executive's doesn't mean they are any less skilled. Actually, the majority of the not-for-profit's are most likely better at their jobs because they are doing what they do because they have have a passion for it, not for the top dollars they are earning. So now that they "big dogs" are down and out they are turning to the "bottom of the totem pole" to help them climb back up. I think anyone who would not have considered a not-for-profit position prior to the economic downturn should be ashamed to cry to them for help now. Either way, I am sure there are not many, if any, positions available now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment