Thursday, April 9, 2009

Trend Alert... Plastic is the New Black!

What's next? I recently read an article on fastcompany.com entitled "Armani Meets Dasani." I think my mouth is still wide open. What in the world will people come up with next. I am all for saving the environment and recycling and researching new energy-efficient methods to apply in our daily lives, but a plastic suit? Until I read this article I wasn't even aware there was a suit for men that was made of recycled PET bottles! I cannot imagine that it is a popular selling item. Plastic bottles? A suit from plastic bottles? Lol!!! I consider myself to be a very trendy woman, but I am not certain that I can say I would ever purchase a clothing item made from plastic bottles. Accessories, maybe, but not clothing. I am in agreement with the author of the article, Ariel Schwartz; although this may be recycling, how is the elaborate process cutting down on energy emissions? Bettering the environment does not consist of fixing one problem but contributing to another in the process. I think Debenham's needs to go back to the drawing board on this one. I appreciate the effort and it was a nice thought, but I am definitely not a fan of this idea and don't think I can be convinced otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment